Many companies are marketing software to help roll forming companies make their jobs easier. The software integrates with some of the popular roll formers that are currently on the market helping your job more seamless.
Paragon, which has been helping building supply companies run more smoothly, has helped A.B. Martin Roofing Supply in Ephrata, Pennsylvania, run their business on target.
Paragon specializes in specific needs for building supply companies. They market the building supply companies by realizing that they have specific needs from an accounting software such as fast entry for products that come in variable lengths, custom trim design software that is intuitive and can calculate prices, easy tracking of the assembly of products, automated exporting to roll former controllers, integrated dispatching and even more.
These are all needs that Paragon Computing Solutions has met with Paradigm Accounting, Production and Deliver Me, as well as web services.
The software can be primarily used for the tasks below.
General Ledger, Banking (Multiple Accounts), Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable:
• Customer information with multiple ship-tos;
• Price levels, line item discounts or category discounts; and
• Customer prepayments.
• Quantity price levels with multiple groups;
• Reorder points and quantities;
• Kits, assemblies and value-added product;
• Manufacturing details such as raw material, labor and machines;
• Acceptable production substitutes;
• Multiple warehouses; and
• Track inventory by lot IDs.
• Define tax codes, customer, billing cycle, type and job status; and
• WIP or non-WIP accounting.
• You can save many types of electronic documents and attach to transactions.
• Direct communications with roll formers to send and remove jobs; and
• Credit card readers.
• Print work orders and record completion status; and
• Consolidate by coil to reduce coil changes.
• View daily shipments, pickups and transfers;
• Assign orders to trips; and
• Print driver paperwork.
Fulfillment (Order Pulling):
• View products that need to be gathered from specific buildings for sales orders;
• Print pick tickets for the order or labels for each line; and
• Scan labels as the order is loaded, which verifies against original sales order.
• Draw custom trim profile to calculate raw materials and price; and
• Print special drawings on orders and pick tickets.
• Set up accounts to allow your customers to log in do the following:
• View and create quotes and orders; and
• Pay invoices via credit card or ACH.
According to Anthony and Derek Martin, with Paragon Computing Solutions, there are many benefits to having your order entry system integrated with your roll former controller. These benefits include:
1. Eliminates human error that can result from duplicate data entry;
2. No paper to lose or damage;
3. Easy change orders—no need to track down the original paper;
4. Productivity/scheduling improvements—orders can be automatically prioritized to minimize coil changes;
5. Real time, accurate and detailed production status readily available to the salesperson; and
6. Coil ID tracking for warranty and recall purposes
If you have any questions or need additional information, please visit the Paragon Computing Solutions’ website at https://goparagon.com. Paragon will also be at the next METALCON at booth 1828. RF